Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIP - no 2019 return filed

csanchez
Level 4

Clients received EIP (1st round) based on 2018. They did not file 2019 and did not receive 2nd EIP. One client is just late filing and the other is no longer required to file but receives SS. Any input would be appreciated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

What is your question? 

If they didnt get the second payment because they didnt file 2019, the only way to get it now is to file a 2020 return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
csanchez
Level 4

Even the client that receives Social Security? Aren't those EIPs automatic?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

They should be, have the client use the IRS Get My Payment website and see if they were sent or not.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Aren't those EIPs automatic?"

You know these were Advance Payments against a projection, right?

Whether 2018 or 2019 tax returns were used or not, it is 2020 that you consider the reality against which the payments received, if any, would be reconciled.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
csanchez
Level 4

They did check there. Unable to provide status.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Weird, guess they need to file 2020 returns.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
they meant for SS recipients.

BobKamman
Level 15

Check it yourself.  Make sure you have the correct SSN and date of birth.  What else do they need, street address?  I think the punctuation needs to be removed, right?  

dkh
Level 15

@csanchez  listen to the good advice from @BobKamman .... check it yourself.      In checking my own back in the spring,  my first try wasn't successful even though I entered my address as it was on my tax return:   #### SR ## , I had to actually spell out STATE ROAD for it to work.