Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFIN verification process

jimgaycpa
Level 1

I saw a "to do" to verify my EFIN, followed the link and it took me to a E-services login screen.  Logged successfully but got a message that my account information didn't match.  I see a slight difference in the address that could be the problem, but when I try to update my address in proconnect, it indicates that I need to attache my EFIN application?  I do not have one, I have had it for years.  What should I attach?  At the same time, in procconnect under my account information, under tax prep credentials, it shows my EFIN as "approved".  Do I even need to do anything?  Called Proseries support, but didn't get much there... Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

If you go to IRS e-services and log in and edit your account, you will be able to print it and then send it to intuit

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its asking you to attach a copy of your EFIN application summary, you can find that in your EServices Account.  The address at EServices needs to match the address that Intuit has for your EFIN.   

Im not sure why one place says "to do" and the other place says "approved".

If youve been able to successfully Efile using that EFIN and address with no issues in the past, you may not need to do anything.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jimgaycpa
Level 1

I've been efiling for year and nothing has changed.  I just don't want to find out there is a problem in the heat of the battle...thanks!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Question is whether your address registered for EFIN is correct. If not, you're required to have that updated via e-service. In case you have any problem with that update, e-service help desk is your go-to.

You only work with Inuit to update your address if Intuit's record does not have the correct address as reflected on your EFIN file with the IRS, in which case, Intuit will need the EFIN approval printout with all the details, instead of application, for verification.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar