Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efin validation error when efiling

accountants
Level 1
I am receiving the following message when I am efiling tax returns. EFIN has not been registered to your account. Please verify your EFIN with us. Not transmitted, the return failed the tax submission return validation step.
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you ever submitted your EFIN application summary to Intuit?  I think you can do it from your online Intuit account   https://www.intuit.com/sign-in/   

From the Dashboard choose Account > Account Details and in your Tax Prep credentials does it show an Approved EFIN?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Latina
Level 1

I have been using proseries since 2013 and the EFIN status shows as verified. I did exactly what you said. I have never encountered so many issues with proseries as I am dealing with this year.

I thank you anyway for your input.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Mine says Approved, does yours look like this?

efinapprive.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
shahinea
Level 2

returns fail tax transmission due to return validaTION

0 Cheers
battax
Level 1

YES MINE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE THAT AND HAVING ISSUES TO GET STATE TAX ACCEPTED

0 Cheers
wjgutcpa
Level 4

What is going on this year with ProSeries? I've been using and efiling since 2000 and NOW my EFIN number is not validated? I have efiled returns already and they were accepted using the same EFIN. 

I am tired of being treating this way from Intuit. Was my cash not as good as free turbo tax filers?

0 Cheers
David Goldberg
Level 1

I am having the same issue.

We changed our EFIN number this year.

I duly updated the EFIN information in preparer/firm info options.

When I file, the return shows the the corrected EFIN but main line still shows the old EFIN.

How do I eliminate the old EFIN?

0 Cheers