Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFIN log is showing me stuff from the summer

ajp
Level 5

Is anyone else having issues with 2019 EFIN?  My log will show stuff from July, but not from today.  

Edited to remove the other part of my question.  It was dumb.  😞

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Others seem to be having issues with receiving business return acknowledgments too 

2019 Pro Series e-file acknowledgement - Intuit Accountants Community

thanks for sharing your deleted comment.....  😊

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
dkh
Level 15

@ajp   If your seeking efile acknowledgments for recently submitted returns you won't find them - efile shut down in Nov2020 and will be shut down until Feb 12th.

Also, you have me really curious as to what you removed..... I could use something humorous this morning.      Just had a client tell me he was taking his business elsewhere because I require a mask to enter the office.   Told me he didn't care about my health!

ajp
Level 5

@dkh I removed me asking about 2019 e-file being down.  I saw several of these posts, and realize it is down.  I even remember reading about it.  I really thought that 1041s would have been in the same category of business returns (which can be filed), but my question was more vague.  Some of the posts had impatient responses so I deleted that part.  I am still surprised that 1041s aren't in the business group for filing, since many utilize a fiscal year, but oh well.  

ajp
Level 5

And, yes -- I was looking at acknowledgements because I had filed a corporate return.  The acknowledgments just show the stuff around July, not any of the extended returns from fall, and not the corporate return that says "received" that I just filed. 

dkh
Level 15

Others seem to be having issues with receiving business return acknowledgments too 

2019 Pro Series e-file acknowledgement - Intuit Accountants Community

thanks for sharing your deleted comment.....  😊

ajp
Level 5

Thanks for the link!

I was finally able to file the 1041, so it seems that it is considered a business and not an individual when filing electronically.  I forced updates and it worked after that!

dkh
Level 15

Welcome.  Have a great day.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I just saw this post.  I filed a couple of 2019 1120S returns yesterday afternoon.  I still like paper so I always print the transmissions and acknowledgments for my own peace of mind.  When I waived goodbye to the returns as they got on the bus, I did my normal printing routine.  It printed for all of the returns I had filed for 2019 - except the two returns that just headed out of town.  When I later checked for acknowledgements I got none, but noticed that the returns were now accepted.  However, all of my returns are now showing in the "pending" column in the EF center.  If this is how the 2020 software is going to be working, it is going to be a long, long, long, tax season.

@dkh  - Too bad that your former client had to be such a jerk.  But I always look at losing a jerk as being a good thing.  I'm hoping all of our clients behave and wear their masks, but if they don't, I will not hesitate to ask them to leave or throw them out the window --------------- it's their choice on how they choose to depart.  In either case, there will not be any red carpet or 21 gun salutes acknowledging their departure.

Slava Ukraini!