Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFILING PRIOR YEAR RETURNS

JOHNNYCPA1
Level 2

can anyone tell me if I can efile 2018 and 2019 tax returns yet with proseries?  These are prior year returns.

thanks  john

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can ---------------------- on Feb 12th

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

When IRS reopens for Efiling, current year and two years prior will be able to be Efiled. 

You got about 24 days.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

🥃

Camp1040
Level 10

263,689 it should be a banner day today.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I just hope we don't wear it out before Feb 12th.  The ACME counter sale doesn't start until Feb 13th.

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

There was a yellow banner notice in the software saying that the ACME counter sale was postponed until February 14th this year because they know how much we LOVE answering the same questions over and over and over and over . . .

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Intuit does not participate in the IRS HUB testing program, which began today, so prior year returns also have to wait to be e-filed when the IRS opens on 2/12/2021.

Accountant-Man
Level 12

Intuit doesn't shut down e-filing; IRS does. When the IRS is ready, so will Intuit be ready.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
rbynaker
Level 13

Intuit doesn't shut down e-filing; IRS does. When the IRS is ready, so will Intuit be ready.

I might challenge that assertion.  IRS was accepting business returns on 1/8/21.  Intuit was not ready to transmit until today.

dkh
Level 15

Let's hope they won't be 11 days after Feb 12th for individual returns.  Yikes!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I thought that was just 2020 business returns waited until today because the forms werent final....werent prior years business returns able to be Efiled a week or so ago?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS said so but evidently Intuit wasn't on the same bus.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I understand the IRS closes and opens the season, not Intuit. However, the IRS did start HUB testing today for e-filing and accepting prior year 2018-2019 returns and many software companies elect to participate in this program; Intuit does not.

When the HUB testing begins for 2020 returns, I will take advantage of the early e-filing option in order to file 2 clients before the Non-Custodial parent can file and claim the dependents and credits they are not entitled to claim.

HUB testing participation can be a very useful tool.

0 Cheers