Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efiling amended 2019 1040x

7Mike7
Level 2

does proseries automatically attach all schedules to 2019 efiled 1040x?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, any required forms will be included with the Efiled 1040X.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
7Mike7
Level 2

In my case, only change was adding form 8606, are you suggesting the 8606 will be attached to the

1040X?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Everybody is under the assumption that what is needed is being sent, but nobody here can say with certainty what is or isn't attached.  It would be nice if Intuit would provide a nice little list of what is being packaged up with an e-filed return.  Folks have been asking the "what's included" question for as long as Intuit has provided a forum.  In response to that question, Intuit has provided us with badges 😕

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

8606 can be filed by itself. You don't need to do a 1040X.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I know one of the mods addressed this over a month ago and said you don't need to attach anything to an Efiled amended return, everything would be included. 

My guess is that it sends the entire filing copy again but includes the 1040X, I cant see it picking and choosing what goes and what doesn't.

0 Cheers
7Mike7
Level 2

Can you direct me to that module reference please?  I did see in 8606 instructions

that a stand alone 8606 cant be filed if a 1040 was previously filed, an amended return

is needed, thanks in advance

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Mods meaning moderators here in the online community...no way I can dig up a random post from that far back, sorry.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Apparently I can't. The instructions say you can file by itself if you are not required to file a 1040. 

I was wrong. Or maybe I was right once but they changed the rules.

Ex-AllStar
7Mike7
Level 2

Ok I see, thanks, can I send a message to tech support to inquire? I dont use this feature 

too often, thanks 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitAustin  can you verify that all necessary pages of an amended return get included when you Efile the 1040X?

0 Cheers