Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eFiled returns not showing as eFiled?

cbruesch
Level 1

I eFiled two returns on 4/7/2021 at different times. (One 1041 and one 1040) They both came back as Green Thumbs up-submitted. I filed away my 8879s and continued on my merry way.

Today as I was double checking returns for needed extensions and noticed the trust return showing as still needing to be eFiled. I submitted for eFile again and received the message that the IRS is processing a return with that EIN and the submittal failed. A little while later, I noticed the 1040 showing as needing to be eFiled. I tried submitting again and received the message that the IRS is showing that they are processing a a return with that SSN. 

I dug through my 8879s and that is when I realized they were both 4/7/21.

Any idea on how to obtain eFiling confirmation for these two returns that were eFiled but are now not showing as eFiled in the EF center or homebase?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Try highlighting the returns in the EF Center, then select Update Acknowledgment Status  

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
dkh
Level 15

Try highlighting the returns in the EF Center, then select Update Acknowledgment Status  

cbruesch
Level 1

Thank you. That worked.

I have never had that happen before.

dkh
Level 15

You're welcome.

0 Cheers
robertmazza
Level 3

I just encountered the same problem.  I used your recommended solution and problem solved!

Thanks a million!!!