Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efiled for client on 2/23/21- have not received fed refund. Married couple with W2 income

catherine3
Level 3
This was a simple return. I checked the return three times in two different software packages before submitting. It is correct. I do not know what to tell my client. They are calling me daily. What can I do to get more information?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Ernie
Level 9

Kids or getting additional stimulus money?

Did you check where is my refund?

0 Cheers
dmendez08
Level 2

Is this client a new client to your company?

0 Cheers
catherine3
Level 3

The "where's my refund tool" shows that the return is processing. They have two children. They only received stimulus checks for one child because the youngest was born in Oct 2020.

0 Cheers
catherine3
Level 3

Yes. This is my first year doing their taxes.

0 Cheers
dmendez08
Level 2

That could be the reason when they change from tax preparer what IRS wants to do is check the identity to verify is them.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Try the preparer IRS number. Sometimes the returns hang up and need a human to release it. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
catherine3
Level 3

How do I find that phone number?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I have some returns past 30 days since accepted - no refund yet -  had RRC for child born in 2020 on return.   

catherine3
Level 3

I found the number. Thank you so much.

Ernie
Level 9

All returns with children on them or receiving stimulus money are taking from 8-10 weeks.  There is nothing that you can do.

Dusty Ernie