Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efile

BW311
Level 1

I am the lone employee of a charitable trust and file a 990PF each year.  I have used ProSeries for 20+ years to prepare the 990PF and it is the only tax return that I prepare.  I have always mailed the completed return to the IRS, but this year I received a letter saying that I must efile - no paper returns!

Is there any way to efile without going through the hassle of applying to the IRS to become an authorized efile provider to submit one return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
PATAX
Level 15

You may want to see if there is a local tax preparer who can e-file this for you.

0 Cheers
BW311
Level 1

I already did that - cost me $250.00 !

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Did you apply for a waiver:

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/e-file-for-charities-and-non-profits

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
BW311
Level 1

Thank you.  I'll check it out.

Ideally, Intuit would make such provisions in their product to accommodate situations like mine.  Individuals are able to efile with Turbo Tax  - why not build that option into ProSeries?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Ideally, Intuit would make such provisions in their product to accommodate situations like mine."

It's a Federal requirement; the IRS has these requirements.

"Individuals are able to efile with Turbo Tax - why not build that option into ProSeries?"

Because ProSeries is for Professional Tax Preparers, not DIY, and it has to do with the filing function by definition.

This is like asking: a trash truck comes up my block each week, so why can't I haul my trash to the Dump myself in a trash truck, if I buy one? Answer: you can buy a trash truck, but hauling is a regulated industry. You have to Comply.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.