Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile Tax Return not received by IRS

Danielle
Level 2

An individual tax return was efiled on Tuesday, June 23rd.  Typical efile response is within a few hours. This one is sitting in a perpetual standstill.  No errors.  No denial. Returns sent after this one have been received by the IRS.  How do I resubmit this return?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Dellen3
Level 3

I have the exact same situation.  Transmitted June 23... nothing back just says sent to IRS... please help us.

0 Cheers
Latka_123
Level 2

D-

I have the same issue.   

Return sent to IRS on 06/22/2020, and as of 06/25/2020 9:15 AM CST, NO response from the IRS or the states.      I have a submission ID, and stone cold silence regarding acceptance.

It is only on ONE taxpayer, others went through within hours.     I am anxious to hear a resolution. 

0 Cheers
Dellen3
Level 3

I'm currently on hold with Support.  The robotic voice at the beginning said something about they are aware of a transmission error and are working on the problem.  But it cut out so I'm not sure if its our issue or not.  

0 Cheers
Danielle
Level 2

Heard back from Intuit.  It is an error they are aware of.  Apparently there was an alert sent on Tuesday, June 23rd regarding it.  Once the error is fixed, they will send out another alert and the returns will be efiled.  Hopefully...it will be in the next day or so.  So weird that it only affected one of my returns.  Guess I should be thankful that it is ONLY one!  

Blessings to all!!!  

0 Cheers
Danielle
Level 2

You are correct.  They are aware of the problem and fixing it.  Ha!  

0 Cheers
ingridsorenson
Level 3

I saw the message from ProSeries on Tuesday. It said there was a problem and they're working on fixing it. It also said to NOT resubmit the return. I still have one just sitting there and am worried about sending others. 

0 Cheers
Dellen3
Level 3

The one they seem to be talking about is a reject code from IRS... but mine hasn't rejected, just is sitting there waiting on acknowledgment.  So.... I am waiting and listening to soothing music as I work.

0 Cheers
Latka_123
Level 2

According to the alert sent out on June 23, 2020, it was in reference to  "E-file Error, XOOOO-OO5."    

This issue has NO error, just in limbo.   

0 Cheers
Dellen3
Level 3

All of mine that day went through except the one.  All since have been fine and accepted.  I think you can feel confident to send them on.

0 Cheers
etctax2016
Level 2

me too!!!!

0 Cheers
etctax2016
Level 2

Thank you for the update.  It is just one for me too (of course the one that has a pain from the get go!) I appreciate you updating us!!

Be safe.

0 Cheers
Latka_123
Level 2

Update, 06/25/2020, 3:28 PM CST.    The Federal return was accepted today.     

So someone at ProSeries is paying attention to these posts.    The state returns are still on hold, but since the Federal return was accepted, I expect the state returns to soon follow.    

Thank you, to whomever was paying attention to this issue.    

0 Cheers