Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile reject-reason no ID PIN

taxes96786
Level 9

2020 Efile rejected-says needs ID PIN.  I efiled 2019 return before the deadline-client then gave me an additional W-2. A "corrected" return was mailed in, again before the deadline.

Now when I attempt to file 2020 the reject says it needs an ID PIN. Client never received any notice or letter from IRS on this issue and never received an ID PIN in order to file this year

I have been unsuccessful in getting PPS to answer the phone. Any ideas on how to solve this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
dkh
Level 15
taxes96786
Level 9

Thank you. I did all the research and am waiting for Monday so I can call because client never received the notice or the ID Pin. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is as stated in original post.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Not sure theres much YOU can do about this, the client needs to retrieve their IPPIN.  Be sure youve got a signed 2848 before taking the time to call.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
taxes96786
Level 9

Have POA on file.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Note that it is called IP PIN, not ID PIN.

Ex-AllStar