Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efile error code X0000-005.

GolferIII
Level 1

Filed returns Sunday and received that error code. Re-filed Monday but haven't received any acknowledgements. Any progress with fixing this problem!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Muffinman2020
Level 3

I also re-transmitted after the same rejection code, and it has been more than 24 hours but the status still shows "Return Sent to IRS" and no acknowledgements. The same thing happened to you?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There's an In Product Alert (yellow banner across the top of the screen) about this now...returns affected are being held until they fix it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Muffinman2020
Level 3

Just curious, I set up the withdrawal date for tax payment on June 23 for the tax return in pending for e-file due to this error. Will the funds be automatically withdrawn even if the return was accepted by IRS after June 23 once they fix the problem.  

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I "think" once they fix the issue those that are being held will get officially rejected (this is what has happened in the past when something like this happens and they hold the returns like this), you can then update the withdrawal date and re-Efile it.

0 Cheers
Muffinman2020
Level 3

I see, I think so too. Thank you for your prompt reply. 

bporter
Level 3

Having this problem in a C-Corp return. Acknowledgement lists 3 possible scenarios but none make sense. Filing deadline is tonight. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Well, youve got 10 days to resubmit a rejected Corp return....so youve got time to get it figured out.

What are the scenarios it shows?

0 Cheers
bporter
Level 3

Part IV - 2018 Estimated Tax payments ..... error in EFTPS Confirmation Number (odd but this is a 2019 Form 1120, and they are 2019, not 2018 Estimated Taxes in the Worksheet) .... and I have no estimated tax payments ... this is a C-Corp with NOL c/f

Officer Firm name must be 20 characters or less (name in Worksheet is John) ...

When taxable income is zero, or less than zero, Line 35, Amount owed should be left blank .... (this is the most plausible, but line 35 on page one of return is a calculated figure and is blank in my form)

So, none of the articulated speculative reasons for this error make sense 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Intuit is taking questions/problems until 9pm Pacific, maybe someone has some suggestions  (I dont prepare corp returns, so Im really not much help, sorry.)

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/industry-discussions/discussion/10-15-deadline-help/00/10421...

0 Cheers