Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFile 1040X

Desertis
Level 2

Has anyone eFiled a 2019 1040X.  Last notice I got froom the IRS said available latter this summer.  Does Proseries plan to support this option for 2019 and/or earlier years?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

13 Comments 13
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I dont see why they wouldn't. Might take them some time though. Who knows, right?

IRonMaN
Level 15

The notice said starting with 2019 - prior years will still be paper filed.

Slava Ukraini!
Desertis
Level 2

Good advice.  My grandma has already passed along with my parents.  Point well

taken though.  I had a couple of earlier 1040X's which I filed on paper.  Normally I

would have filed the State returns electronically.  They were rejected so I just sent

these in on paper.  This one is a minor's small change without a state income tax filing

requirement.  I like to have dependent chilldren get their refunds ASAP.  Dilemma is will

waiting for eFile software update or waiting for the IRS to drag a paper return out of a

warehouse of mail back log.  Guess I have too much time on my hands when I start to

pondeer the unknowable.

Desertis
Level 2

Exactly.  Who knows.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The IRS may be geared up for accepting Efiled 1040X by late summer....whether Intuit will have their software ready then also.....I dunno.   

CA started letting amended returns be Efiled a year or two ago...still don't think it can be done with ProSeries (unless they sneaked it in when I wasnt lookin').

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ff
Level 4

Available for 2020 is a safer bet.  

lubatkib
Level 1

Schedule release date is today, August 17.  Update has not occurred yet.  I called Customer Service and they said it can happen at any time today (or not, I suppose).

Would be nice to get a notification when available.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I was told today by an Admin that ProSeries will go live with the 1040X Efiling on August 26th.

Im guessing a product alert will go out once its ready.

0 Cheers
lubatkib
Level 1

That's disappointing. ProSeries indicated that it would be today.

Thanks for the update.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

ProSeries never indicated that it would be today, not sure where you read/saw that.  

The IRS has said for months now that "they" would be ready to accept them on the 17th, but ProSeries never gave any date they would be ready until now.   Maybe they'll surprise us and have it ready before the 26th, but as of now their target date is the 26th.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@IRonMaN wrote:

The notice said starting with 2019 - prior years will still be paper filed.

i did not see that.....only 2019?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
yes, only 2019

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Thanks Lisa. I was TRULY hoping for 2018 as that is where all the extenders were extended. But I guess beggars cant be choosers. 😁