Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Economic stimulus payment

Greta
Level 9

The worksheet for some unknown reason is crediting two dependents under age 17, but there are none. Client is eligible to receive $1800 since his income went down in 2020, but the worksheet is giving him additional credits for two young children. It's the second time this has happened. I deleted the form and started all over, but same issue. Should I just maneuver it to credit the client with $1800? Any ideas of what's happening? No children in 2019 either.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive seen people mention this, I think you need to delete the dependent and re-enter (use Right click on the dependent line and Delete line in table, then reenter)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive seen people mention this, I think you need to delete the dependent and re-enter (use Right click on the dependent line and Delete line in table, then reenter)

Greta
Level 9

WOW!! It worked!!

dkh
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now-   Shouldn't this be brought to Intuit programmers attention ? ! ?     If this client had NO children on their return but the program is calculating RRC for two children, I see that as a HUGE problem.   And great that deleting the dependent line on the Information Worksheet resolved this BUT  that isn't what I want to have to look for and  do.    

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I can't remember if I gave them this one or not, I'll send it in again. I havent been getting any communication about anything I post to them, so I dunno.

Ive been double checking my totals and havent seen it happen yet, so Im not sure if they'll be able to duplicate the issue.