Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Signature not Processing

csanchez
Level 4

ProSeries indicates they will start accepting efiled returns today 01/28/21. However, the e-signature is not processing. Anyone else encountered this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Just recapping for google/historical purposes:

I believe csanchez's issue was resolved - there was some sort of conflict with their existing docusign account and what email it was associated with.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
31 Comments 31
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure its actually been implemented yet. 

Suppose to be an update today for it....but someone else mentioned an update error they got, so Im not sure whats happening.

I havent seen any posts by someone saying that Efiling was working....usually you see at least a few of these!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
csanchez
Level 4

Having issues with the E-Signature. Haven't reached the e-filing yet.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

eSignatures have been processing since the product was released (for example, some folks get signatures for engagement letters).

What specific problem are you encountering? For example,

• Does it say you have a 0 balance, when you should have plenty (or unlimited)?
  • Are you not able to request an eSignature period in ProSeries?
  • Are you getting to this screen, but it's blocking you?
  • 2021-01-28_20-12-38.png
  • Are you getting all the way through the request widget, but you are getting some sort of error? If so, can you detail the exact error (screen shots are ideal)
0 Cheers
csanchez
Level 4

It says I have 100 of e-signatures. It goes all way thru and then I get this error:

Unable to send eSignature request . Please try again later. Contact Customer support if the problem persists. Close

I contacted ProSeries Customer Service & cut cutoff 3 times. They took my name, email & cell in case we were cut off but nothing.

0 Cheers
dbbooks
Level 2

I am getting the screen you displayed.  I originally received the e-signature screen, but when I viewed the document, I realized it was not correct, so I hit cancel.  When I try to hit request, I am getting the message that I do not have any more and need to purchase, but I still have the initial 5 available on the dashboard.  I then close it and retry and I get the screen you displayed.  If I select continue, no documents load.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Just recapping for google/historical purposes:

I believe csanchez's issue was resolved - there was some sort of conflict with their existing docusign account and what email it was associated with.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Are you in Proseries 2020 or 2019?

Can you try the following

• Open eSig Dashboard
  • See if you can find the client you were working with. In the Actions column, if it has a "View All" action select that.
  • See if it has a "pending" eSignature (or something like that.. don't remember the exact wording).
  • In the dropdown actions column, see if there's a "void" option. If so, void it. That should give you the one back.

In terms of why the balance has 5, but you can't use any..   maybe you have 5 in that pending state? Or, if you're in ProSeries 2019 there's an issue that it's not able to consume credits purchased in Calendar Year 2021 (even though the dashboard knows about them and shows them). We'll have a fix for that this week.

0 Cheers
dbbooks
Level 2

This does not resolve.  I am using ProSeries 2020.  I cannot seem to attach a screenshot, but my dashboard shows no actions because I never completely submitted the request.  I have 5 available for my free trial before purchasing and it is still as my balance available.  This is what I did and it was the first time I tried.

1. I hit REQUEST on the client I wanted to send the eSignature request to. 

2. It said I needed to authorize so I authorized.

3. On the dashboard, I selected to view the documents and then saw that the letter documents did not format correctly (still had the insert here sections) so I hit Cancel at the bottom of the screen.

4. Went back to ProSeries to try to correct what was being saved as the return and documents. 

5. I hit REQUEST on the client again and I either get the screen you displayed in another post or I get the message that I need to purchase (and it still shows the 5 still available) for which I just close the window.  If I hit CONTINUE on the screen I get like you displayed in another post, the eSignature screen that comes up does not look like the eSignature Dashboard screen I get if I select eSignature Dashboard from the menu.

Either way, they both show no actions, no documents, no anything except that I still have 5 available to use

0 Cheers
WDC
Level 1

I'm also having trouble with e-signature. For a 2020 1065 using ProSeries Professional I select "Request" on Home Base. When the Dash Board pups up 1: under Form, Federal is greyed out and 2: under Status I have a red "Not Ready". The tax return is completed. It has been through the review process (with warning that instructions are not complete, but nothing that says the return cannot be filed). The client status is marked "Electronic filing signatures needed". Is this a problem with the tax return? E-signature? Something else?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@WDC  did you get e-signature to work?   I'm trying for the first time to use and not having any luck.  I too have Federal and State greyed out - with a "Not Ready".     

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

To get signatures on fed & state returns they have to be marked for efile, pass final review and have final forms. I'm not positive, but i believe "not ready" is what you get when the forms are not final.

Which state are you trying to file? What happens if you try to print?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Thanks @Orlando ,   the state is Indiana.   I've printed both Fed and State returns.  They are marked for Efile but I have not checked the "Ready for EF".    There are no errors, all forms are final.

EDIT:   I marked the returns "Ready for EF"  and now I can request signatures.  I've watched a couple of videos to learn the process, it does not say the returns need to be marked "Ready to EF"   in fact, the video shows the status as "Marked for EF"  and shows you can request an e-signature.  Confusing.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Just for my own knowledge, when you say check "Ready for EF" do you mean in the Client Status worksheet?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

No in E-File drop down menu.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

So when you are in EF Center the EF Status is Ready to Efile

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I don't think you're doing anything wrong - you should only have to check the boxes below in the return. You shouldn't have to convert it... but I know sometimes it can get complicated if you have to authorize a return or pay for it (for PPR).

On the next one, see if you can collect an eSig without converting. If you have to do that each time, we'll dig in.

2021-02-06_17-43-48.png

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I'm having the same problem with this taxpayers son's return.  They are not PPRs. and yes I have the Electronically Filing checked on the Information Worksheet. 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I am using the the 5 free e-signatures offered by ProSeries..... can that be part of the issue?

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I don't think so - we treat the 5 trial ones the same as if you purchased. 

I'm asking internally - maybe there's more subtlety to this than I've previously encountered. If you mark this other one as Ready for EF.. do you then get the ability to request eSignatures?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Yes, once I mark "Read to Efile" , then do e-signature "Request"  it works.   A box pops up ...error checking status or something like that, then it allows me to check to proceed with which returns I want a signature for  is has  "Ready" status

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

See solution here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-esignature-is-saying...

Short answer: If Tools -> Options -> Electronic Filing ->  Only Transmit Returns when Status is Set to "Return Ready to EF", then that logic is applied as well to whether or not an eSignature can be obtained on a return.   

Honestly, I didn't even know about that setting. I'm not sure it makes sense to me why we're enforcing that flag for eSignature on the request.  If it's there to prevent folks from accidentally eFiling... seems like you wouldn't want to accidentally eFile while you're waiting for the signature. I'm looking into it.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@Orlando wrote:

Short answer: If Tools -> Options -> Electronic Filing ->  Only Transmit Returns when Status is Set to "Return Ready to EF", then that logic is applied as well to whether or not an eSignature can be obtained on a return.   

Honestly, I didn't even know about that setting. I'm not sure it makes sense to me why we're enforcing that flag for eSignature on the request.  If it's there to prevent folks from accidentally eFiling... seems like you wouldn't want to accidentally eFile while you're waiting for the signature. I'm looking into it.

I agree 100% that the "Only Transmit Returns when set to "Return Ready to EF" option shouldn't be applied to using  eSignature.   Makes no sense.      

0 Cheers
Ricky78
Level 2

For E-signature it says:

REQUEST NOT SENT - 

Something on our end isn't working.  PLease try again after some time.

WHAT IS GOING ON PROSERIES?  I GET THIS REPEATEDLY!!!!!

0 Cheers
Ricky78
Level 2

Changing that setting still did not work.  Same message.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I used e-signature last year but haven't this year.   I watched this YouTube video to familiarize myself with the process https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI8NDP8Htuo

also here is some info that may help  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/manage-integrations/help/how-to-use-esignature-in-proseries-...

0 Cheers
Ricky78
Level 2

As I stated in my prior message, this is a proseries error.  I have been a 30+ user of Proseries.

It states " Request Not Sent" that something went wrong on their end and to try after some time.

See my previous message.

0 Cheers
csanchez
Level 4

I received the same message when trying to send electronic signature request when clicking on Form 8879 Only. I tried clicking the other option & it went thru.

Ricky78
Level 2

Thank you.  I just used the "other documents" option and it went through.

It is hit or miss with selecting the "8879 only" option. Sometimes it did work but not today!

Does proseries see these messages?  How does it get fixed?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Well if you are a  30+ user of ProSeries then you know posting here is asking for help from other PS users - like me. It is not the place to expect PS Support to chime in with an answer.  I was just trying to offer some guidance since I had no idea of your level of experience.

Happy day to you. 😁

0 Cheers
Ricky78
Level 2

Thanks I appreciate it.  I hardly ever use this and don't have many issues.  If it's a major one, I would call but it's so hard to get through so I thought I would try this route.  Thanks again.

csanchez
Level 4

Not sure if these messages are monitored. But like you, I don't have time to call in!