Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Filing Starting Today -- What's Happening Out There?

jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

I electronically filed about a dozen TY 2020 returns ready to go starting at 5:30 AM this morning.  So far, they all just have the "Received by Intuit" status update.  In the past, I know the federal returns would be accepted as quickly as within an hour, so I suspect the returns are still being held by Intuit and not yet submitted via the MeF to the IRS.

I also tried filing a TY 2019 return -- the process started and ended without any error messages, but there has been no change to the status -- it still shows only "Marked for EF".  I thought we were able to start e-filing 2018 and 2019 returns today too?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Sounds like Intuit is still holding them, IRS isnt ready for full on accepting yet. 

They were doing hub testing early this week, maybe things didnt go as smooth as theyd hoped.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

And so it begins 😥

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I'm going out to run errands, I  just don't have the will to "count" today!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m just going to go out and run - run away.  Every year ——- every single year, we go through this - unbelievable.

Slava Ukraini!
mdtao31
Level 7

I had 3 of my returns accepted by IRS yesterday

regards,LARRY

jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

How does this happen when the IRS explicitly stated the e-filing season only opened today?  You are not the only one -- a poster on another forum said the same thing happened for him earlier this week.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS lets some returns in to test the system prior to opening up the floodgates.

Slava Ukraini!
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

UPDATE:  My federal returns were all processed and accepted overnight.  My state returns now show "Sent to State".

So we are making progress here.

Camp1040
Level 10

I will probably file some relatives tax returns today😁

IRonMaN
Level 15

The relatives that you don't like? 😅

Slava Ukraini!
WilsonG
Level 1

hi, do you know something about this reject: [etxcode=Formset-Version,start=02-11-2021 02:0 PM, end=]

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Just the one's that don't say thank you! So, more than it should be😒