Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E filing of Amended individual Return for California

ramras_8
Level 3

Does ProSeries support E filing of  2020 California Amended Return for Individual?  How come in Part VII of the Federal Info Worksheets California is not one of the states listed on the drop down menu? I checked the  updated status of the form  and it says EF Not Allowed. Is it because e-filing is not supported or is it because the form is not final yet?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Per Lisa's answer to the same question minutes ago.... PS does not support CA Amended efiling.  Yet. Maybe next year....

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

Per Lisa's answer to the same question minutes ago.... PS does not support CA Amended efiling.  Yet. Maybe next year....

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Summer2021
Level 4

Not sure if the information has changed.  I noted that the Part VII of the Federal Info Worksheets California is now listed on the drop down menu.

Does it mean Proseries is now capable of e-filing CA 540X?

0 Cheers
Sandytax20
Level 1

Hi, I'm trying to file an amended CA return for 2021, it gives me the option to do it but then keeps giving me an error saying I need to uncheck efile CA on the Fed worksheet, I do that and it still give me the same error, I'm going in circles. Does the program suppose efiling and amended return in CA

MITS
Level 1

I uploaded my first CA amended return (Form X).  However, ProSeries returns a processing error that Type "Other" (see below).  There is no other selection, other than

Amended Return Rejected
Code:
Form:
Line #:
Description:
Error Detail:
Every PDF file attached must be referenced by the binary attachment XML document that represents it.|DataValue=File attached: 28b11b44898b8a21012c02ad2b.pdf.|XPath=/CA-BinaryAttachment/AttachmentLocation|DocumentID=NotApplicable|ErrorID=2
Error Resolution:
To correct an error relating to a binary attachment, follow these steps.

1. At the top of your screen, select E-File.
2. Go to 'Attach PDF Files
3. Review the list of PDF attachments.
4. If necessary, remove attachments and add them back.
5. Review the selections in the Type Column.
6. If the Type 'Other' has been selected, review the Description that has been entered. Verify that no special characters (#, $, !) or extra spaces have been entered.
7. Save the return and re-transmit for electronic filing.

If the reject continues will need to print this return and file by mail.
Code:
Form:
Line #:
Description:
Error Detail:
The number of Binary Attachment files computed by FTB must match the Binary Attachment count attribute (binaryAttachmentCount) from the CA Return Header (CA-ReturnHeader) in the CA-Return element.
Error Resolution:
Remove and re-attach the PDF file within the program, and then transmit the return from the same computer on which the attachment was added. If this reject persists, you can re-enter the return from scratch as there might be an issue with the file. Otherwise, this return should be filed as a conventional paper return.
04/27/2022 07:28 PM

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
what are you uploading? Nothing needs to be attached.

Complete the amendment and mark the EF box for CA amended on the FED Info worksheet, you dont attach anything, it sends everything needed automatically.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
swongtax
Level 4

Hello,

I am also trying to Efile an amended CA-non resident tax return, and it has been rejected 5 times already with the same error message.

However, I am attaching a 3 page PDF as supporting documentation to explain where I got the numbers. I called the Proseries support line and they cannot figure this out (no surprise as I have no had good experience with Proseries support) and they are saying it has nothing to do with Proseries, but rather the PDF document itself.

Any advice?

Thank you!

SW

0 Cheers
swongtax
Level 4

Hello,  Have you had any luck Efiling this? I am running into the same error message, though I am attaching a 3-page PDF.  Thanks!

SW

0 Cheers