Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Filing Form 1310

hananb21
Level 2

Posted this question a few days ago, got no response...  Client died 2019, daughter filing 1040 with Form 1310 to claim refund of $4k plus and direct deposit it to her bank acct. The rules say she can do this if she submit the death certificate with the return. The question is, how do I upload the death certificate into pro series basic in order to e-file. Or should print and file everything by mail, which would take her forever to get her refund in today's environment. Long but I had to cover all the points.

Baldwin   (aka Han)  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
mdtao31
Level 7

in all my similar situations over the years i filed

a paper return.it did take a longer time but it went thru ok

regards Larry

BobKamman
Level 15

From the Form 1310 instructions:

Do not attach the death certificate or other proof of death to
Form 1310. Instead, keep it for your records and provide it if
requested.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"Posted this question a few days ago, got no response"

Click on your avatar to see your profile and your topic listings. I cannot find that there is a previous posting on this topic by you. There would be no reason to start a duplicate, of course. You may not get an answer right away, because the peer users that volunteer to help were busy over a holiday weekend, busy with their own work, or no one that sees a topic can answer it right away.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
hananb21
Level 2

Thanks for that. I think I'll try e-file w/o certificate and see if that works.

0 Cheers
hananb21
Level 2

Understood...

0 Cheers
CALAMESE
Level 1

HOW TO ATTACH DEATH CERTIFICATE TO 1040 1310

0 Cheers