Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Filing for Amended 2019 Tax Filings?

jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

Per the below link, I understand the IRS will be offering the option to e-file amended returns for TY 2109 this summer.  Several other software providers have rolled out this option in recent days.  Does anyone know when this will be available on ProSeries Basic and Professional?

I have a couple of amended returns in the queue, and if this change is imminent, would prefer to file in that fashion.

Thanks.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/taxpayers-will-soon-be-able-to-file-amended-tax-returns-electronically

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
IRS hasnt started on their end yet, but some companies are holding them in queue until they do open.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

Thanks for providing this link - I had not seen it.

I appreciate this new feature, but not sure how useful it will be.  I rarely need to amend returns I myself had previously filed.  Almost all of the amended returns I process are from new clients who had had their returns prepared by an incompetent tax accountant and now need errors corrected.  Based on the information in the link, those amendments will still need to be paper filed. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Someone else mentioned this as well. This isnt true for my practice, I rarely amend anyone else's work than my own, but I can see how it would be a disappointment for those that have a similar situation to yours.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪