Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filing Federal extensions in light of the IRS "schema"

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

I need to file a bunch of Federal extensions (Forms 1040, 1065 & 1120-S). Does anyone know if these extensions will be accepted by the IRS and noted in my e-file log? I, like most of you, still have returns hanging in the various unaccepted statuses.

Thanks in advance for the great comments from all of the members of this board.

To say that I'm disappointed with Intuit of the lack of transparency and communications over this IRS "schema" is the understatement of the year. How about an e-mail? I certainly get bombarded with e-mails from Intuit to renew my subscription and pay thousands of dollars for NEXT YEAR. How about dealing with the here and now!!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I filed several extensions yesterday, all accepted.    5 of the 6 returns I transmitted got accepted also...its hit or miss which ones end up stuck.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I filed several extensions yesterday, all accepted.    5 of the 6 returns I transmitted got accepted also...its hit or miss which ones end up stuck.

jhbvtacpa
Level 5

My extensions and my returns all cleared on Thursday.

Still no excuse for Intuit's handling of the situation.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
IRS had the problem..how should it have been handled?

0 Cheers
jhbvtacpa
Level 5

Here's my thoughts.

I would have sent communication to all subscribers via e-mail with the same verocity that TY2020 renewal notices have been. Not everyone goes on the Community and many people disregard the yellow bar when logging in.

Might have saved the call center from being slammed.

Shawnie
Level 1

Hey I'm getting an error that I can not e-file an extension for 1065's because it's past the due date of 3/15/2020.  Why has this not been updated.....what do I do??? All deadlines were pushed to 7/15/2020

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The due date was 3/15.  The law extending returns due April 1st or later only went into effect on March 21, 6 days after partnership returns/extensions were already due....so you cant file an extension now, youre already 4 months late.