Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-filing an amendment

gfpstaxes
Level 4

Can you electronically file an amendment if the original return was e-filed by another software?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The FAQs says no, and we asked for clarification several weeks ago, still nothing.  You can follow the thread here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/e-filed-amended-returns...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Intuit_Matt B
Employee
Employee

At this moment, only the return that was originally filed and has an Accepted status can be amended and e-filed. We understand the ability to e-file amended returns that were originally not filed through ProSeries is an important ability to have and plan to have it available in future versions.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuit_Matt B   I saw someone over in the ProSeries FB group mention that they were attaching PDFs of the corrected 1040 and Sch B to the amended Efiled return.....do we have to attach these additional forms or does everything that needs to go with it automatically get included?

0 Cheers
Intuit_Matt B
Employee
Employee

You should not have to attach any additional forms as the changes are being made on the return directly and will be sent with the e-file transmission. Not sure what prompted them to feel like they needed to attach pdfs but I will see if I can't find the post to understand their reasoning.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

attach.png

When will this get fixed?  I need to eFile a 2019 1040X where I’m not the preparer who eFiled the original 1040.  Need to do it now.

TAXOH
Level 11

You will have to mail it in.