Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e filing a prior year return-2019?

mark1970
Level 1

unable to e file new clients 2019 return today 1/15/2021 . no error codes showing and did updates.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
itonewbie
Level 15

1040, I supposed?  No surprise.  As Intuit will say, that's expected behavior.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15
Spoiler
The IRS just announced that MeF for 1040 will not reopen until Feb 12.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

February 12th is when Efiling reopens, you may want to sign up with IRS for their Emails that let you in on information like this as its announced.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/e-news-subscriptions

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I’m just curious.  Am I such a good customer that Intuit only sent me an alert saying e-filing was closing in November?  Didn’t anybody else ever receive that alert?  Hopefully,  if there is ever a nuclear attack, I hope Intuit doesn’t land the government contract for alerting US citizens or I am going to be awfully lonely in that bomb shelter.

Slava Ukraini!
itonewbie
Level 15

No worries. You'll have us for company.  And together, we can rebuild civilization. Lol.

Still an AllStar
Bert
Employee
Employee

What does the Electronic Filing transmission log say?

1. Select the Information menu.
  2. Select Logs sub menu.
  3. Select Electronic Filing Transmission log.
  4. What does that show?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I'm starting a drinking game.  Every time someone asks why they can't efile - one down the hatch! 🥃 

itonewbie
Level 15

@dkh wrote:

I'm starting a drinking game.  Every time someone asks why they can't efile - one down the hatch! 🥃 

You know you won't ever be sober if you were to do that, right?  Or are you just trying to find an excuse to get drunk? 🤣

Still an AllStar
dkh
Level 15

Just didn't want to drink alone...😁

Spanky
Level 3

Mark1970    At least 4 different ProSeries tech support people this past week told me i can file 2019 personal on January 15th.  Told my client last week to hold off from filing by paper as e-file would be better.  He said he had to have returns filed by the 15th.  He wasn't pleased at all when I told him returns weren't e-filed.  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@IRonMaN   thought you might be interested in this challenge.

Edit--  never mind I see you Cheered before I finished posting

IRonMaN
Level 15

@dkh - I don't drink, but these questions are driving me closer to starting a drinking habit. 😑

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

On our local 10pm news, the crawl (the bottom ribbon with short notices and alerts) included that...

Filing season opens on Feb 12th.

https://www.kpax.com/news/national/irs-delaying-start-to-tax-filing-season-to-feb-12

I guess everyone knows, now. No need to drink.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@Spanky 

Intuit sent out in-product notices; the IRS provided notices....

E-filing is closed, and has been since November.  The IRS closes the MeF system down e.v.e.r.y. year to retool for the upcoming filing season. It usually re-opens in mid-to-late January.

The IRS *just* announced that re-opening will not happen until Feb 12, 2021 due to the last minute tax law changes.

I suggest you go to irs.gov & sign up for their free Alerts so you'll be one of the first to know when/if this date gets pushed back even further.

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/quickalerts-more-e-file-benefits-for-tax-professionals

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"