Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filed Amended Returns

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Intuit_Matt B 

I have a question/complaint about the soon-to-be new ability to e-file amended returns.

Can all Individual Amended filing types be e-filed?
Only an e-filed Form 1040 or 1040-SR can be amended. An original return that was paper filed cannot have an e-filed amended return. The original return must have been e-file through your ProSeries software.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/individual-amended-for...

That is an Intuit-imposed restriction, rather than an IRS limitation.   WHY is Intuit doing that?  Does Intuit hate its customers that much?

That pretty much eliminates almost all of the usefulness of being able to e-file the amended returns.  Most of my amending is from tax returns that were done by other preparers.

Intuit strikes again.  Yet another reason to hate Intuit and look into other software.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

The post is back from the dead.  Bill does bring up an excellent point about not being able to e-file a non-ProSeries return.  

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Intuit_Matt B 

still no response back about this, IRS does not have this as a limitation and none of the other tax software seems to have this limitation either...so is your FAQ wrong? Or are ProSeries users just getting the shaft on this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Lisa, I suspect that @Intuit_Matt B  , @IntuitAustin  and @IntuitBettyJo  must all be in the hospital with COVID.

That is the only explanation I can think of when a customer's question is repeatably ignored for almost two weeks with no response.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm guessing that this is like an enhancement request.  You have to post it to the correct page and then wait for 50 cheers before someone at Intuit will pass it on to the correct team for proper analysis.  

Slava Ukraini!
Intuit_Matt B
Employee
Employee

Hi! I apologize this didn't get answered sooner. I spoke with Austin about the topic but details are still in flux and changing by the day as our Development team works on adding this feature in. 

More details and instructions will be released next week once its released in ProSeries.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Thanks for a reply.

I find it interesting that Drake (a lower-cost software) released the update for e-filed Amended returns on August 6th (two weeks ago today) while the Intuit Developers still don't even know how things will work whenever they get around to adding that ability.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

But there is a very good reason for that ........................................................................................

Well, I'm sure someone at Intuit can think of one eventually.

Slava Ukraini!

Can you please fix this?  I have a 2019 1040X that I’m waiting to eFile.  I don’t want the client to physically mail it because it will probably take more than four months just to get opened and processed (data input by IRS)

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Brian in Cleveland  we havent heard a peep about them changing this situation.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Nancy100
Level 2

This is listed on the idea exchange right now but only has 12 votes.  Let's have everyone vote on this so that hopefully it will not take another year to get this fixed! 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/1040x-e-filing/idi-p/98753 

0 Cheers
puravidapto
Level 7

I have voted. Can someone explain why people don't go and vote, my idea to be able to create and follow up with a case does not get a lot of votes either. There must be 25 people who want this feature. 

--
Click this link to vote. Like many good things in life, we have to fight for them.
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@puravidapto wrote:

Can someone explain why people don't go and vote,

The votes really don't matter and will have almost no effect on what the Developers do.