Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file tax return has not been process with the IRS

MarciaT5
Level 1

odd - Several E-filed returns has been accepted and refunded by the IRS. But I have two e-file return that has not been process with the IRS. When I check on IRS "Where is my refund" no information of the taxpayer return. 

I need help with this matter

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
sjrcpa
Level 15

I think you just have to wait.

Especially if there was EIC on the return.

Ex-AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Were they accepted by IRS or does it still show Sent to IRS?

If accepted, Id guess they must have been pulled into some kind of review...could they be missing the 1095A/8962?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
MarciaT5
Level 1

The tax returns were E-Filed on 2.17.21 and accepted. IRS indicate 

We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgement e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS

0 Cheers
MarciaT5
Level 1

Both taxpayer did not receive 1095A -- Do not have insurance with the Market 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

As is being thoroughly covered, with IRS links and quotes, here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/2020-federal-tax-refunds-...

Yes, the refunds are not expected until at least 21 days after filing. Yes, some of the Where's My Refund status updates don't show the true status.

"The tax returns were E-Filed on 2.17.21 and accepted"

And yes, you are too early to worry. Take a look at all the content in that other topic. It's too much to repeat here.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

The Check your refund status has a disclaimer about the information not being correct or up to date but not to worry, the refund is not being delayed. Seriously?

The one tool taxpayers use does not work. I have returns never received that I have acknowledgements for and a variety of other messages. It's worthless this year.

Returns with EIC and CTC are not being delayed, like usual.

ckevin
Level 3

Marcia, any resolution to this problem. I have an efile acknowedgement dated March 6. As of end of May the IRs does not have the return on file.

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

deleted

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

hi,MARCIA if it is a joint return try entering the spouses ss#

i also had a few like that but using the spouses ss# worked

regards, LARRY

stay safe