Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E File Shut Down

Hub
Level 4

I have fiscal year corporate returns that are on extension (due this week) and was told today we are unable to e-file until the system is available on January 25, 2021.

Is this correct?  How can this happen.  I am being told to file on paper.  That's not acceptable.  This is last years fiscal year return.

It all started when I was unable to obtain an eSignature request.  Got dropped from phone transfer as well.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Business returns opened for Efiling last week, its 1040 returns that were still waiting to open.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

Business returns opened for Efiling last week, its 1040 returns that were still waiting to open.

But is Intuit accepting them?  A year or two ago an Intuit Employee said they hold everything until the late-January opening (even though business returns open in early January).  Not sure if that is true or not, but with Intuit's history of stupidity, it could be true.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ohh, I'm not sure...this would be a 2019 return for a fiscal year beginning in 2019....you could at least get a timely Intuit postmark on it, right?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

I thought someone posted in the last day or two that they efiled a corporate return and couldn't figure out why they couldn't efile a 1040.

@Hub  What happens when you try to efile the corporate returns?

Ex-AllStar
Hub
Level 4

I am trying to get an eSignature which I paid for when it kept telling me I didn’t have any left. So I bought another. Without that I can’t send to me client. I will call again tomorrow for the third time and see if I can get someone in tech to fix the eSignature issue. 
Two calls so far and two different answers. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

This is not an efile issue. eSignature is separate from efiling.

Ex-AllStar
Hub
Level 4

That may be true but was still told it was shut down and would have to file on paper

will get to the bottom of this tomorrow 

0 Cheers
Brandy Mims
Level 1

I tried to get an esignature for a 2019 return and it is saying I don't have any when I know that I do.  I was able to do it for 2018, just not 2019.  I've now been on hold for 48 minutes!

0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

I finally gave up and just emailed my client the filing signature forms and just got them back.  So don't need the eSig at this time for 2019-20 returns but will need it for my next one, so am interested in the resolution.  Was too busy to contact them today.  

Thanks for responding, it's nice to know I'm not the only one with the question.

0 Cheers
Hub
Level 4

I was able to e-file the corporate returns and they were accepted. 

Now I see that Intuit is refunding my eSignature purchase for the 2020 year?  Doesn't make sense as I still have another fiscal year 2019-20 corporate return to file. 

Guess I will have to contact technical support and talk to them about the eSignature issue

sjrcpa
Level 15

Good news about efiling the corporate return. The rest sucks.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers