Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e file procedure

SL
Level 3

today, 2/1/2021, I have an individual  1040 I want to file ASAP and would like to get put into intuit e file que so it is submitted to irs asap. (taxpayer has x spouse that will attempt to file first and go against court order and claim kids)..  I also have an Ohio individual return (it1040) to e file for the taxpayer.  I was able to print the federal but Ohio didn't print.  I got a message Ohio forms not ready yet.  can i e file both federal and ohio today?  (even though i cannot print ohio return)  if i cannot e file both federal and ohio, can I efile federal return today and e file Ohio when Ohio forms are ready?  if i need to e file Ohio return at a later date from e filing federal return,  how do i accomplish that?  I assume when e filing , i only highlight the federal return and not the ohio return.  i truly would appreciate some direction.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

You can try to efile both.  If Ohio isn't ready for efile it won't let you efile it yet. 

You can efile Federal by itself and the Ohio later.  You will just select the one you are efiling now to send.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
TAXOH
Level 11

You can try to efile both.  If Ohio isn't ready for efile it won't let you efile it yet. 

You can efile Federal by itself and the Ohio later.  You will just select the one you are efiling now to send.

SL
Level 3

THANK YOU..  this one is personal,... family,...

steve

TAXOH
Level 11

You're welcome. 

0 Cheers
TaxLaw
Level 4

Major Problem with E-Filing 2021. 4 E-Filing agents helping with no resolution?

Keep trying

Dr. Charles Hills, JD

0 Cheers