Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-file logging

Rob-Z
Level 2

Is there a report to see which preparer (or login name)  actually transmitted a particular return Intuit for e-filing??

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There is an EFile Transmission Log that you can see the returns that were transmitted electronically on a particular computer...unless multiple people use multiple computers, then that doesnt really help either.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Rob-Z
Level 2

Yes, I ran into the situation where several returns were erroneously e-filed too soon during a batch submission.  In the end it was fine as the returns were finalized but we hadn't received the signed authorization yet.  I believe I know who did it so I can speak with her but I wanted to be sure; a report would be nice.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had that happen years ago.....I always leave the PIN date empty until just before filing (if you didnt have the signed 8879s, the PIN date should have been empty anyhow), it cant be accidentally scooped up in a batch, it will always fail conversion.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers