Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-File Error

nancy4
Level 3

My Federal 1120S's are e-filing fine.  I keep getting the error code STATE-005 on my MD e-files,  The error detail says:  The submission category of a state submission must match the Submission category of the referenced IRS submission.  I haven't changed anything from 2019.  I can't find any difference in the setup.  I tried to resubmit to MD after Federal was accepted, but I keep getting the same error message.  Any ideas?

Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nancy4
Level 3

I reached out to the State of Maryland (by e-mail) and received a call from Rita.

She said Maryland has changed something since last year regarding e-file of corporate return.  I needed to “unlink” the MD e-file return from the federal return.

Go into Federal Information Worksheet.  At very bottom of Electronic Filing Information Area select QuickZoom to Electronic Filing Worksheet.  On this worksheet check the box in Part 1 – Check this box to force state only filing for all states selected to be filed electronically.

Save and retransmit the State return.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

@Orlando  - can you help out Nancy?

Slava Ukraini!
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Please stay tuned. I've asked internally and there's discussion around this now; might not get next steps til tomorrow.

Anthony S
Employee
Employee

Hello Nancy, while Orlando is looking into this, can you try one thing:  verify if Maryland's extension is marked for efile.  If it it is, uncheck the extension box in the Federal S Corporation Information Worksheet then open Maryland, save and transmit it again.

nancy4
Level 3

The MD extension box was not checked, but thanks for the suggestion.

0 Cheers
nancy4
Level 3

I reached out to the State of Maryland (by e-mail) and received a call from Rita.

She said Maryland has changed something since last year regarding e-file of corporate return.  I needed to “unlink” the MD e-file return from the federal return.

Go into Federal Information Worksheet.  At very bottom of Electronic Filing Information Area select QuickZoom to Electronic Filing Worksheet.  On this worksheet check the box in Part 1 – Check this box to force state only filing for all states selected to be filed electronically.

Save and retransmit the State return.

0 Cheers
IFGTAX52
Level 2

Has anybody (&or ProSeries EF/Tech Team) found a resolution that works for this, I've tried all suggested corrections and still the same STATE-005 Submission Category error...? Thank you in advance for any additional corrective actions.  Also, will Maryland & ProSeries ever coordinate 2019 changes, or have they moved on to 2020 only...?

0 Cheers
nancy4
Level 3

If your problem is with Maryland I suggest you e-mail them at the "e-file" e-mail address they have on their website.  They got back to me right away and were very helpful.  They'll need the Submission ID of the rejected returns.

0 Cheers