Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e file acknowledgements

Hope
Level 1

After I e-file the return and it has been converted and transmitted and I am waiting for acknowledgements, the program freezes.  I have to Alt-control and delete to get out of program.  When I come back into the program and go to status, it shows it has been received by Intuit.  Why does it freeze?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
How long as you waiting before you ctrl alt del? I notice sometimes mine sits and lags for quite a long time and sometimes I get the error box to Switch To, Retry, Cancel during this lag.... If I hit Switch To multiple (6-8) times it finally continues and finishes what it was doing...no clue why this happens, its just random.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Hope
Level 1

It happens everytime I transmit.  I have waited 15 minutes with non results.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Id close ProSeries and look in the Windows Programs menu for the REPAIR UPDATES option and see if that fixes your issue.   It can take some time for it to complete this process, it dumps all previous updates and download/install them fresh...it seems to cure lots of weird problems like this.

repair2019updates.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪