Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicate State form

jackiestevens
Level 2

Proseries Professional has created two Ohio State forms for one tax payer. I cannot delete one of them. I tried to delete the Ohio, saved the return, closed the return, went back and created the Ohio return again but the 2nd one is still there and I keep getting duplicate social security number. How do I get rid of one of the Ohio state forms?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

getting the same on tennessee 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/getting-extensions-on-tenne...

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

here is my workaround.... after talking to them twice a few months ago..

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/re-how-can-you-fix-a-duplic...

be sure and do exactly the steps i outlined..and read the last post by another user...if clarifies my Step 3..

Just used it again and it worked again.. (i think)

you may have to click on 'fix duplicate SSN " in the next step column after doing this.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

BUMP..  edited the post above to put link in...my bad

0 Cheers
jackiestevens
Level 2

I finally got  a call back from Intuit and a very nice tech support lady walked me through what had to be done.  If you uncertain call them.  They called back about an hour after I called and it took her 10-15 minutes to fix!!  Thank you support!!

0 Cheers