Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate SSN Efiling Error

Thomas
Level 2

I have been trying to efile a return, but I get the duplicate SSN Efiling error.  I tried to resolve this through the fix duplicate return function in the e-filing center, but that simply states that the issue could not be resolved.  In the e-filing center, there is a separate file listing for the same SSN, but it only references one of the state income tax returns, and no client name is listed, just the SSN and return type.  When I click on that listing in the e-file center, I am asked to choose the file to open (since no file is associated with that listing).  I cannot delete this extra listing in the e-file center, the fix duplicate returns function does not work, and I and cannot e-file the original return.  How can I remove what appears to be the erroneous listing in the efile center that is blocking the ability to e-file the tax return?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you ran a Homebase TuneUp from the EFCenter? 

or a Database Maintenance from a regular HB view?

Those are both under the Homebase toolbar menu.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Which state is involved?

@dd4vols was it you that had this issue and found a solution?

0 Cheers
Thomas
Level 2

Massachusetts

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you ran a Homebase TuneUp from the EFCenter? 

or a Database Maintenance from a regular HB view?

Those are both under the Homebase toolbar menu.

0 Cheers
Thomas
Level 2

Lisa, 

Thank you for your help.  I had run a Homebase Tune up before, but did not run a Database Maintenance.  Once I ran the Database Maintenance, in the e-file center I was able to us the fix duplicate return function, and once that was done, was able to e-file the return.  Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Tom

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

That's great news!  🙂

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/re-how-can-you-fix-a-duplic...

Read the info in the link in the above link... to see if it fits your situation.... 

then at the bottom of the above link, are the instructions that ProSeries had me do to 'clean up' the blank line-no name duplicate SSN.  the good part in my situations, was the returns actually were filed and accepted...and showed that way after this back door clean up.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Jim1988
Level 1

NO

0 Cheers