Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading product from account

Tiger5
Level 4

is anyone else having trouble downloading there product from there account? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

If you have protected browsing enabled, turn that off - if you are ok with that.

If you are working with Comcast to get them to be ok with our proseries.com domain with protected browsing enabled.. great.  But I would just expect them to need to know the domain (proseries.com). I'm not sure how port comes into play.  If you have a technical contact, email details to proseries_engineering@intuit.com and I can have my IT person work with them.

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

I download from last year's program.  Have you tried that?

Slava Ukraini!
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

Some Comcast/Xfinity customers are running into issues with "Protected Browsing", and some routers & firewalls are blocking access as well.

Fire up a browser and try these two urls:

https://prodldfp.proseries.com/fa/2020/windows/proseries_core/S2020COI.xml

https://perdldfp.turbotax.com//fa/2020/windows/proseries_core/S2020COI.xml

They should both go to a site that looks like this:

2021-01-24_13-42-07.png

If the first fails with some error, and the second looks like above.. you're running into this issue.

Short Term Work Around

• If Comcast/Xfnity... turn off Protected Browsing
  • If not.. it's probably either your router, modem or firewall.   If you have the ability to connect to another network, that would help narrow it down to hardware or software. Do so and try the urls again - if the first still fails, it's likely software/firewall. If it works, it's likely your router, modem or isp
  • For routers/modems.. first try unplugging for a minute, then restart.  If that doesn't work, log into your router's admin panel and see if you can put in an exception for the proseries.com domain.
  • For firewall.. launch it's setting app and see if you can put in an exception for the proseries.com domain

Long Term

We're working with our content provider (Akamai) to redo our server certificate. For at least 10 years we've followed the common practice of having one cert with multiple domains. Our current cert has turbotax.com as the primary, and proseries.com as an alt.  We think some of these vendors have decided they don't like that. We're looking to get setup with our own primary proseries.com cert.

Tiger5
Level 4

I tried both ULR's, on the first got the error and the second got the screen shot you gave me. 

Ill try the others and let you know. 

0 Cheers
Tiger5
Level 4

i went to my account and tried downloading last years and current Year because I got my computer cleaned and they added a new hard drive and now i am having problems. i didnt order the CD's which i should have. 

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.

not understanding the above in your message?

0 Cheers
Tiger5
Level 4

what would the specific remote port number? i am working with comcast to get this fixed. 

SQL number

0 Cheers
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

If you have protected browsing enabled, turn that off - if you are ok with that.

If you are working with Comcast to get them to be ok with our proseries.com domain with protected browsing enabled.. great.  But I would just expect them to need to know the domain (proseries.com). I'm not sure how port comes into play.  If you have a technical contact, email details to proseries_engineering@intuit.com and I can have my IT person work with them.

Tiger5
Level 4

i was unable to do all this. but i called customer service to order the CD's and she emailed me some links and they worked. but i also got the CD's ordered. i thank you for your help. 

0 Cheers