Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does program change affecting land assets need to be reversed by ProSeries?

CValley
Level 1

ProSeries used to allow Land assets to be added with the same value in cost and land.  Now in both old and new land assets that cannot be done.  All old assets show an error and will prevent 2018 efile of those personal returns.  Carryover to 2019 will also carryover an error.  I found a work around.  But that required changes to each asset that is time consuming and not ideal.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It seems like they messed it up last week, but they usually take several weeks to fix anything.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1880910-unexpected-behavior-in-asset-entry-worksh...

Have you tried disabling e-file error checking?  That will probably let it e-file.

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It seems like they messed it up last week, but they usually take several weeks to fix anything.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1880910-unexpected-behavior-in-asset-entry-worksh...

Have you tried disabling e-file error checking?  That will probably let it e-file.

gabletax
Level 4
October 2, 2019--IT IS FIXED!
0 Cheers
The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

YES, I AGREE WITH YOU CVALLEY!  This program error does need to be reversed in ProSeries.

For tax year 2019 ProSeries [PS19], I am getting multiple error messages in each return for assets that were entered into ProSeries in previous years.  The entries are Land purchases, with 'Type of asset' coded as 'O' on the Asset Entry Worksheet where 100% of the Asset is Land.  This program issue first surfaced in the summer of 2019 after an update to tax year 2018 ProSeries [PS18].  It took quite some time, but eventually a subsequent update to PS18 fixed the problem.  

If there is an update for this problem please explain how to get it.  Otherwise:  In the Asset Entry Worksheet, under Asset Information, increase the Cost or basis by $1, leave the Type of Asset as code 'O', leave the Land $ amount as it is, then enter a depreciation method in for the $1.  Repeat this for every affected Asset, in every return, for the entire filing season.

I request that the PS19 programmers immediately fix this program error that has reappeared from the PS18 summer of 2019 update.   

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

It is unfixed in PS19.

0 Cheers
wjgutcpa
Level 4

Obviously they don't give a rat's ..... about this issue as  of today it is not fixed! I hate wasting time finding a fix around for their screw ups that don't get fixed. grrrrrr

The_AntiTax_Man
Level 8

@wjgutcpa  I'll try to tag you in the more recent Discussion on this issue