Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know why the recovery rebates are being denied?

Joe4422
Level 2

After electronically filing the tax returns, for certain clients the recovery rebates appear to be denied.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its a bug, false message that started after the update on the 11th.   

The return itself does not change, right?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Joe4422
Level 2

Correct, the return does not change.  Thanks.

ceciengcpasf
Level 3

Has anybody confirmed this with client ? That they are getting the recovery amounts ?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Here is the announcement:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Joe4422
Level 2

Yes, I have heard from one effected tax client that the recovery rebate (increase in stimulus check based on 2020 filing) is being refunded.  Appears that the "Display Change" issue on the filed tax returns as it relates to the recovery rebate is not accurate.

klwatson81
Level 1

Interesting because they adjusted my return from denying my recovery rebate. So i received less. I still haven’t received the 2nd rebate.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@klwatson81 

"They" cannot adjust Returns filed by the programs in use here. These programs send returns to the IRS server. There is no feedback loop for updating your ProSeries program submission by an IRS update.

However, Intuit has updated the ProSeries Program, so a filed tax return might show there is an update to it, but that wasn't from the IRS. And there is an erroneous message, as announced three weeks ago:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

Or, you are not even using ProSeries at all? And stumbled into this community from the web?

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte programs, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.