Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did NY reject the Federal reduction in Unemployment?

Dave1968
Level 1

the program is not giving the reduction on NY for unemployment. I believe this is correct. I just can't find any documentation to support it. please advise.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

NY has rolling conformity with the IRC although they may decouple from certain provisions.  Haven't seen any news on whether they'd decouple from the exclusion of UI.  PS is right in the sense that they wouldn't update tax logic for states until they receive clear guidance.  FWIW, NY is not among the states that have signed up to seek clarification from Treasury with regard to their authority to set their own state tax policies.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Sounds like the default position is that it's still fully taxable but this may change: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/new-york-elections-government/ny-unemployment-insurance-ta...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
gk
Level 5

Thank you so much. I will wait

0 Cheers