Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anybody get message "reindexing homebase databases" after installing pro series 2019?

zandw619
Level 3

I installed it today and after closing the program when I tried to open it later I got the above messege!  I let it go and it took almost an hour.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I remember that message years ago....yes reindexing takes forever.   FWIW, its really best to wait to transfer clients into the program sometime in mid January, each year there seems to be some weird issue/bug with client files that get transferred in too early.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I remember that message years ago....yes reindexing takes forever.   FWIW, its really best to wait to transfer clients into the program sometime in mid January, each year there seems to be some weird issue/bug with client files that get transferred in too early.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
zandw619
Level 3

i uninstalled it and I tried to install it again tonight (1/16) and got the same message again. Anybody have a solution?

0 Cheers