Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation Report

Annie D
Level 3

In the past, the depreciation report had a column that was called Accumulated Depreciation.  That column does not show in the 2019 depreciation report.  Is there a way of getting it back?  If not, why not.  It was very helpful.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, if you have the boxes marked like I showed in that screen shot above, then the depreciation report youre looking for is further down your list of Forms in Use, its not the one shown right below the Sch C or Sch E that its related to.

depraccum.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
16 Comments 16
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Open your asset entry worksheets, does the Prior Depr show on them?

Annie D
Level 3

Yes it does but it used to all show on the Depreciation Report so it was easy to see ALL the prior depreciation as opposed to seeing it item by item.  I printed a 2018 depreciation report for a client last year.  Yesterday he asked for the 2019 depreciation report.  When I printed it, he immediately said, "I can't see the total depreciation column".  Then I went looking for it but couldn't get it to show.  I'm wondering if it has been deleted or is it something I am doing wrong.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Try rebooting your computer.  I just printed one to see what was going on and it looks pretty much the same as last year - a column with a total for prior depreciation and a column with a total for current depreciation.

Slava Ukraini!
meoleson
Level 5

I have been using ProSeries Pro forever.  I just compared a 2018 and 2019 report, and to me they look identical.  The last 2 columns are Prior Depreciation and Current Depreciation on both reports.  To my knowledge there has never been a column that added the current depreciation to the prior depreciation to create a year end accumulated depreciation.  Just for kicks and giggles I just checked a 2006 depreciation report and it is the same report.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I only have one client file here at home with depreciation on Sch C and E, and the depreciation report  looks as expected.   The only ones that show nothing in the Prior Dep column are those that 179 or special Dept was taken.  There is no column for Accum Depr.

Annie, have you looked at any other clients?  Maybe something just didn't pull in correctly when you transferred that particular client into 2019?  Was it an early transferred file?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Annie D  Ohhh, I know what youre looking for!   Theres a separate report that shows This years Depr and Next Years Depr, that setting may not flow over each year......and that Depr report (it includes the Accum Depr) shows up down near the bottom of the Forms In Use list.

Heres where you enable that report

accumdepr.png

0 Cheers
meoleson
Level 5

Thanks Lisa.  Guess you are the only mind reader on the board.  None of the rest of us could figure out what was being reference.  Guess that confirms why you are moving on to the next level.  Good Job.  🙂

Annie D
Level 3

depreciation reports 2018 2019.jpg

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, if you have the boxes marked like I showed in that screen shot above, then the depreciation report youre looking for is further down your list of Forms in Use, its not the one shown right below the Sch C or Sch E that its related to.

depraccum.png

0 Cheers
Annie D
Level 3

Excellent - thank you so much.  It worked. 

meoleson
Level 5

Thanks again Lisa, another case of having complete information in the question would have eliminated several posts.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think this was one of those ones that if Intuit titled the pages differently, would have been easier to figure out.

The reports look identical by the title, but contain different information, and they stash those extra depreciation report settings in he Misc options that are only seen in Tools when youre inside a client file, not out in the open when you access Tools from Homebase or during the initial set up of the program.

So mystery solved and we all learned something new!  🙂

0 Cheers
Annie D
Level 3

Thank you for your response.  I have been using Proseries for over 14 years and this is the FIRST time, I didn't see the report I was used to seeing.  My customer was actually the one that noticed it.  

Thank you.

Elimesk
Level 1

I started using Proseries in 2016, I entered all the accumulated depreciation and used it for 2016, 2017 & 2018, as I review the 2018 depreciation schedule I noticed it does not show the accumulated depreciation, NOT even on the asset entry screen. Anyone else has the same problem? or know how to fix it? 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I ran across this a few years ago on multiple clients, the prior depreciation box was empty on the asset entry worksheets, no clue what or how it happened.

0 Cheers
sffdib
Level 5

My 2020 California form 3885A report is not showing any amounts in the Prior Depreciation column. Also not showing on the individual assets worksheet. I followed the instructions above and it did not make any difference. This is for State return only. The numbers show up fine on the Federal form 4562. 

0 Cheers