Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting state information form

sjescher
Level 3

I installed the Idaho 1040 (state) for a new client that lives there.  Somehow Proseries checked a box on it when I was doing my tax return (I live in Hawaii).  I couldn't uncheck the box, so I tried to delete the form.  Proseries said the form could not be deleted.  How can I stop Proseries from thinking I have a connection to Idaho?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Open your return, go to state (Idaho) Click on "File", scroll down to remove this state. You should be good to go

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Open your return, go to state (Idaho) Click on "File", scroll down to remove this state. You should be good to go

sjescher
Level 3

Thank you for your reply.   I didn't want to delete the state since one client still needs it.  I'll try deleting it, to fix my situation, then I'll reinstall it to be able to access the return as needed.  I'm assuming that will work, but if it doesn't I'll post again.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@sjescher That process will not remove the state from ProSeries, only your return. To delete a state entirely you have to remove it from your windows settings, remove programs.

sjescher
Level 3

I found the process that you outlined (file - remove state).  It worked.  Thank you.

0 Cheers