Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleting a client

davidmycpa
Level 2

every time i delete a client, the software shuts down and I have to restart.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
sewcpa
Level 5

I do not know what to do about the shut-downs, but why are you needing to do multiple deletes of clients?

I only bring forward files from prior year when ready to work on or extend a client; so non-returning (ie ex-clients) do not clog up databases.  Returns that have been completed are in the appropriate sections of databases and have acknowledgements attached; therefore not deleted. 

We are not limited on how many clients we are allowed (even if you bought a software package that includes a preset amount of returns efiled/printed before PPR)

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

are you deleting from the module home base (1040, 1065, etc) or from the EF Home Base?

I delete some every year, but from the module home base.  I bring all clients forward, then note the ones in house with the red Exclamation (info needed) tag... and use client status to segregate the completed ones, and ones still to do.  but we each have our own dynamics on keeping track. 

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers