Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays in processing for e-payments?

johnicahorton
Level 1

1)  Is anyone else experiencing delays in processing of electronic withdrawal for e-filed returns, and is the IRS behind in their processing?  (Clients are asking and I know it could be their institution but would like to find our if it's the IRS.)

2) Basically same question as above but pertaining to the processing of 2021 estimated payments.  I know the first one is not due until Thursday but anyone experience issues with Proseries delays or other technical issues with electronic funds withdrawal of estimated tax payments?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I havent had anyone call and complain...not sure how else we, as tax preparers, would know if client payments were delayed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If youre worried about them not being scheduled you can call the EFT phone number and verify that theyve got it in the system.   The phone number is on both the 8879 and the 9325.

Experttax8
Level 1

I am having the same issue I scheduled for 04/05/2021 for the EF payment with the return and my client called stating that as of today 04/13/2021 it had not been withdrawn from her account. Anyone else experiencing this? Any advice on how we should proceed?

dwmarine
Level 2

I'm having the same problem.  I've called the IRS phone number and they haven't been able to confirm anything.  Has anyone had a delay and it was eventually withdrawn or did your client have to pay a different way?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I recommend in the future you use IRS Direct Pay. You will have a confirmation that the payment was scheduled.  Something tangible you can provide to the client and peace of mind for you.

Taxes-by-Rocky
Level 7

Same problem, number of client payments.

Anyone have a link to a formal IRS/Treasury notification of same so we can forward to clients?

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@BobKamman is very good with IRS news updates.    Hey Bob do you have any printable source regarding IRS delay in processing electronic funds withdrawals  ???  

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

628scarlet
Level 1

Have you found anything else out about payments not debiting on date? 

0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

Same issue. Clients are reporting that state payments are going through, but not federal.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

have the clients call the EFT phone number on the 8879, they can verify that its scheduled and they can even speak with an actual human if theyd like.

0 Cheers
Tom Schad
Level 3

same problem with a few clients

I wanted them to write checks but they didnt want to so opted to witrhdraw via eft

Returns accepted

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Why would you tell them to take it out before the due date of the return?

0 Cheers