Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

Warning!  This worksheet produces incorrect information!  I now have three returns that were prepared earlier this season which need to be amended because I foolishly relied upon the accuracy of information produced by this worksheet.  I thought it was safe to rely on it since it has been accurate for the past two filing seasons.  Nothing should have changed with these calculations, so this is just more sloppy quality control by ProSeries.  As an alternative, TaxTools has an outstanding worksheet that will produce accurate information necessary for reporting on the tax returns.

Mike

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
dascpa
Level 11

I agree with your statement, hence my prior post stating I created my own Excel worksheet following Pub 936.

0 Cheers

I posted on this over a month ago.  I have given up talking to support on this issue, as they insist it is correct even though I did a screen share and duplicated same numbers for 2019 and 2020 and got different results.  I even told them which line of the program is pulling the incorrect information and how to fix it but they insist nothing is wrong!

I am now doing the calculation manually by using the worksheet in Publication 936.

0 Cheers
MikeB_CPA
Level 5

It absolutely is NOT correct.  This is likely the same support team that two years ago insisted to me that a calculation on a state fiduciary return was correct when I knew it was not.  Months after tax season ended someone called me to tell me I was right!

Just out of curiosity, how can I reach someone in tech support to discuss issues such as this one, and the fact that ProSeries continues to arbitrarily shut down?

This year has been more frustrating than ever dealing with these issues, and there is no excuse for most of them given the ever increasing cost of this product.

0 Cheers