Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De miminis safe harbor election

Jones0223
Level 2

Hi!

Is the required form available in proseries basic?  I'm confused because it seems like it's there but can't complete it.  Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Camp1040
Level 10

Nothing to complete in basic. Select it and check it, the form will populate with taxpayers name and SSN, It will be attached to the return when you Efile.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
Camp1040
Level 10

Nothing to complete in basic. Select it and check it, the form will populate with taxpayers name and SSN, It will be attached to the return when you Efile.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does Basic have a Where Do I Enter button?   If you type in  1.263    it should bring up the election statement

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Jones0223
Level 2

Thanks! Seems to have worked.  I check off the box and was getting an error message when trying to "Quick Zoom" to the "Individual Elections Summary"...as long as the form will be efiled that's all I need.

Thanks again!

0 Cheers
Jones0223
Level 2

Yes it comes up.  I wasn't sure it would be submitted correctly. Thanks!

0 Cheers
Jones0223
Level 2

Follow up! The form says it cannot be efiled, though a pdf copy can be attached to the return.  

I don't really understand, how will the attached pdf be sent to irs if the form cannot be efiled?

Also, how does one attach a pdf to a file ready to be efiled?

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Well..then I have been doing it wrong since 2014, I have never received a diagnostic error when E-filing.  I will be checking into that. 

Your question how to attach?

Print the form

Scan it to a PDF and save to your desktop.

Select the efile tab on the menu bar and the select "attach PDF files" then follow the prompts.

Basic has a few extra steps than Professional.

Jones0223
Level 2

I hope I’m not doing something wrong! Thanks again for your help 🙂

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I just looked at the professional version and the top of the form states "attach to your income tax return" as it does it basic.

I'm pretty sure that form gets efiled in PSPro, but I'm not positive.

Hopefully a forum allstar/ champ will know for sure.

Jones0223
Level 2

You’re awesome! This is my first go round with this situation. I appreciate you taking the time to help, we’re all so busy but this community is truly amazing.