Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-30 Unincorporated Business Franchise Tax Return

JanitaGreenCPA
Level 1

I have a client who is a business owner that operates out of Washington, DC but is a GA resident. DC OTR informed me that I need to file a Form D-30 Unincorporated Business Franchise Tax Return for Wash DC.  I also need to file a GA500 individual tax return for GA state, however my client should get an other state credit from DC, as he did not earn his income in GA.  My question is, do I use the income and income tax from the D-30, and report that as the state tax credit on the GA state return?

Please advise and thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

do I use the income and income tax from the D-30, and report that as the state tax credit on the GA state return?

Yes. Use the taxable income on the D30 and the total tax on the D30 for computing your other state credit on the GA return.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

do I use the income and income tax from the D-30, and report that as the state tax credit on the GA state return?

Yes. Use the taxable income on the D30 and the total tax on the D30 for computing your other state credit on the GA return.

Ex-AllStar
JanitaGreenCPA
Level 1

Perfect, thank you!

sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome.

Ex-AllStar