Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support

taxguy81
Level 1

I purchased the ProSeries product last week hoping to file my charity's Form 990-EZ.  Intuit was on the IRS approved provider's list.  Now I find out they cannot file the 990-EZ and getting connected with someone at Intuit is impossible... not nearly impossible... impossible.  While I don't think this is a question for the Community this appears to be my only option.

Do you tolerage poor customer support like this or am I missing a way to contact them?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

You can't efile via professional tax prep software (such as ProSeries & Lacerte) unless you have an EFIN.

An EFIN is obtained from the IRS, and then must be uploaded & verified by Intuit.

Additionally, Intuit requires a *Fast Path* licensing fee.

So while the IRS has ProSeries on the "approved" list, it doesn't mean it can be utilized by DIYers to efile F 990's

@IntuitBettyJo  - any chance of getting a refund for this person?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

20 Comments 20
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

why can't you Efile it?

Im not familiar with 990s, but I think @PATAX does some 990s.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

You can't efile via professional tax prep software (such as ProSeries & Lacerte) unless you have an EFIN.

An EFIN is obtained from the IRS, and then must be uploaded & verified by Intuit.

Additionally, Intuit requires a *Fast Path* licensing fee.

So while the IRS has ProSeries on the "approved" list, it doesn't mean it can be utilized by DIYers to efile F 990's

@IntuitBettyJo  - any chance of getting a refund for this person?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

"Do you tolerage poor customer support like this"

Unfortunately we have no choice but to accept what they give or do not give us. And poor customer service is usually what we get. Our complaints do not result in change,

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

When you buy an Intuit product, you learn to tolerage a lot. ☹️

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Above respondents are all correct.... Maybe you can save file to flash drive and see if there is any local tax preparer who uses Pro Series and if they can e-file that for you...

pkellycpa
Level 5

Could be me, but how about filing a paper copy?

Sounds like it would be easier than finding another Proseries Loser, er User, to file it for you.

PATAX
Level 15

👍 glad you decided to stay with us, this way you can help share the misery with us...😉

sjrcpa
Level 15

I'm pretty sure all 990 series forms have to be efiled.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

Yes you are exactly correct sjr... That is the only series that is required to be efiled which is kind of puzzling to me since a lot of nonprofits do not have Deep Pockets like the corporations do but the corporations can still mail it... Figure that one out...

pkellycpa
Level 5

After experimenting with Ultratax, Pro series still sucks, but not as much as they do.

I really do need to find some way of kicking butt to get some improvements in Proseries.

Do I need to buy some Intuit stock to make them listen?

What's the price on the Bombay exchange?

PATAX
Level 15

That's a great idea . We can form an Investment Club and just buy Intuit stock until we have acquired enough to get a seat on the board of directors... Other than that what else can we do?

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@PATAX 

Once you're on the board, you duty is to the shareholders, and I bet my bottom dollar as soon as you're sworn in, you will turn your back on us... 

@IRonMaN   I "learned to tolerate" much earlier.  I learned as soon as I was toilet trained.  

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
PATAX
Level 15

Come on Brother Joshua, don't you have more faith in your fellow man?

pkellycpa
Level 5

Even after purchasing shares I would not be able to help myself.

Continue to trash these guys. Maybe I should short the stock.

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I have faith in human nature.  That's why I said: I bet my bottom dollar as soon as you're sworn in, you will turn your back on us...

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
PATAX
Level 15

I didn't think there was anyone out there who was more cynical than I am , but I must say that you do have me beat... I'm going to have to check my DNA ancestry matches and see if we are related...

IRonMaN
Level 15

You guys don't know nothing about being cynical.  After you spend as many years here as the original AllStar group has, then you can discuss the art of being cynical.

Slava Ukraini!
pkellycpa
Level 5

They call me Cynical De Bergerac

sjrcpa
Level 15

@Jim-from-Ohio , I believe, has posted in the past about how well the stock performs. :Perhaps he will lead the club.

Ex-AllStar
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I used to bring it up but stopped talking about it.. The stock has not stopped though.. been a stellar performer..  Tax season here.. looking for another nice pop in the stock price soon.