Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit for front line workers that worked through Covid?

Jacko
Level 2

My client works in a nursing home and worked all during 2020. A coworker told her she received a $1,000 credit on her taxes for frontline workers who worked through Covid. I cannot find any information about this. Can anyone tell me what she is talking about?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
nothing on the federal...maybe that particular state?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

There are a lot of rumors from proposed bills that never made it through the process.

I can't find this one, but others have been asked about.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
qbteachmt
Level 15

I found a NY Bill: S8267

"Doubles the STAR property tax deduction for qualified medical providers or first responders charged with caring for COVID-19 patients; provides a $1,000 refundable state income tax credit for qualified medical providers or first responders charged with caring for COVID-19 patients who cannot claim a STAR real property tax exemption; provides for the repeal of such provisions upon the expiration thereof."

No votes.

Jacko
Level 2

Thank you for the replies! I'm sorry I didn't provide the state. We are in NJ. Client said her coworker recieved the credit through some type of grant. Thanks for pointing me towards the state. I'll see if I can find anything. 

qbteachmt
Level 15

I've done a lot of digging around and don't see anything that meets that description for employee, frontline worker, and "tax credit grant." You've got plenty for outright grants, for small business, and especially child care related. Let us know, please.

Jacko
Level 2

Thank you! I told the client have her coworker take a picture of her tax return where she claims to have recieved this credit. I will let you all know what happens!

cpa41
Level 2

Any luck in finding this out?

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@cpa41 

You would need to tell us what you know, because so far, no one has any citation for this.

@Jacko has not returned to give us any more info, either.

0 Cheers