Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Covid 19

ReneeCaples
Level 1

I have a friend that uses a different software and she was telling me about a question about Covid19 and if you were affected on the client info sheet. I swear I don't see that in Proseries. Am I missing something

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"she was telling me about a question about Covid19 and if you were affected"

And what was it referring to? Lots of new things related to Covid this year. 

Did you take a 2020 tax update refresher course in Dec or Jan to get the skivvy on all the new stuff?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Such a question isn't going to automatically trip any free money for your clients so I wouldn't worry about it.  

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"and if you were affected on the client info sheet"

Keep in mind "affected" has a bunch of different qualifications, depending on which part of the tax regulation will apply to your client. Affected can be "did you get sick" or "did someone you had to care for get sick" or "did your business get sick" or... well, you get the idea. And then, a lot of the qualifications have Date limits. If you got sick in Feb, tough luck.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

I know you are following this issue, so I wanted to bring this to your attention:

Form 8915-E ProSeries now shows Final on 02/25/2021, EF Not Allowed

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Thanks, I figured it would get pushed since IRS still hasnt finalized it on their end.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers