Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to send batch emails using Outlook 2019 with Windows 10 Pro. It appears to conflict with it being 64-bit vs 32-bit. Emailing individually is not an option.

cathybcpa
Level 3

It does not work with the 2019 product. It worked using 2018 but my new computer has Outlook 2019 with 64-bit whereas my old used Outlook 2010 with 32-bit.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
0 Cheers
gead
Level 2

This is the same solution that worked for me. Actually, MS Office needs to be uninstalled as 64bit and re-installed as 32bit.Then the client organizer e-mail function will work.

I tried a half dozen other solutions and this is the only one that did the trick.

I have an Outlook support contract with Microsoft so the agent helped me through it.  I believe that with Office 2016 Home and business, you will need a Microsoft account to log into to get the software download and then license it again after installation.

0 Cheers
Van Webster
Level 1

This is an inconvenience that reflects poorly on ProSeries.

When will this be fixed to run on the 64 bit version of outlook?

0 Cheers
gead
Level 2

After all of the testing I did around this problem, and downgrading my MS Office to 32bit (from 64), I found a configuration item in ProSeries Professional for 64bit e-mails. I had user rights permissions that I was trying to fix and found this setting under Tools/Options/General/Email Options - Use 64-Bit E-mail Client. Maybe this is the correct fix for the problem. I may be able to test it on one of my workstations, but the server I use myself is working so I don't want to mess anything up right now. It's time to make donuts.

0 Cheers