Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct Address

Good morning, 

Yesterday, I updated a client's address, yet the system still printed the former address for the state return. I can see the corrected address on the state information worksheet, with the former address still showing on the paper return itself. I'm not sure how to correct this. Has anyone else had this trouble? 

Thank you, Dawn

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you change the address on the federal return, then switch over to the state return so it would update there as well?

You should always switch over to the state return after making any changes on the federal.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Hello, 

I'm not sure  how soon I switched over, but I can see the correct address on the State Information Worksheet. Should it be somewhere else too? 

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Which is a lesson I have to relearn the hard way, every year or two.  

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If you changed it on the federal, but never opened the state return after the change, then printed copies of both fed and state, state would still have the old address on it.

Now that youve opened the state return and see the new address on it, if you print, the new address should be on the state return too...are you saying this isnt the case?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Hmmmmm..... I will try and see. Thank you!

0 Cheers

Maybe this post will be your reminder for this year! 🙂 

Yes!!! Thank you. Hopefully, I won’t make that mistake again. 

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

You know where it usually comes up?  I have a second set of eyes who catches mistakes with address.  It's the client who at the last minute wants me to change the Occupation from Retired to Investor, or something like that.  It gets changed on the federal, but not on the state.  I usually get away with telling them it will be corrected next year.  

0 Cheers

That is very good to know. I like your Plan A - it will be corrected for next year. 😉 

0 Cheers