Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporate Tax EF ready

kst843
Level 3

I though the corporate tax returns were able to be efiled today with the update. I have run the updates but still have the yellow bar, not ef ready. I also have states that are not even an option to click on. Anyone else having issues with the ProSeries updates?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

For 2020?  If the forms isnt final yet, it cant be Efiled. 

Looks like many of the 2020 corp forms show as ready on the 19th...but dates can waver a bit, could be an update later today or tomorrow.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Out of an abundance of curiosity, I checked one of my 1120S clients.  You are correct, the release date page says the forms are final, but the forms themselves tend to disagree with that page.  I did run an update before I checked so I should have the latest and greatest.  I'm not sure if ProSeries forgot to shut the yellow light off in the program or what.  What happens if you try converting the return for e-filing?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
kst843
Level 3

You cannot efile if the yellow bar is still there as the form is not up to date.

Spoke to ProSeries and the corporations will now not be ready until 1/29!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

In prior years we found that sometimes the yellow bar was just forgotten to be removed, if you hit the X in the right corner it disappears and Efiling was able to happen...which is why it was mentioned above.    

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
kst843
Level 3

ProSeries support says wait to 1/29 when the forms will be final.

Lisa - are you removing the yellow bar and filing it anyways? Are you saying ProSeries support was incorrect? If so I would love to get all my corporations filed this week.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Support tends to not know what they are talking about.  On Thursday there was an alert in the software saying business e-filing starts today.  If you click on the little x on the yellow banner, the banner does go away and the return does convert for e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
kst843
Level 3

Agreed. Support last year was terrible. I was hoping this year would be better. Thank you Ironman for letting me know you can convert and still efile.

0 Cheers