Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congratulations --- you made it----- well, close to making it anyway

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's that wonderful day that everyone has been waiting for.  Some of us have our feet up on our desk waiting for the last of the stragglers to come in.  Others are madly trying to get the last returns out the door.  Some are scrambling to get those last extensions transmitted.  And a small group are watching the clock to get the last return transmitted by 11:59 tonight.  

No matter what category you are in, it's still good to know that this tax season is almost behind us.  For those folks that pack up and turn off the lights, have a nice rest of the year and we will see you again next year.  For the rest of the folks, October 15th will be here before you know it, so don't take your foot off the gas 😁

But in any case, thanks to those folks that lend a helping hand here.  Intuit doesn't really appreciate you, but I do.  I've learned a lot here over the years, and this place has really helped to keep me informed when one of the wheels falls off the Inuit tax machine.  Have a great rest of the year!

Oh, and I almost forgot to clarify ---------------------- the above is just my opinion 😊

Slava Ukraini!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

27 Comments 27
TAXOH
Level 11

I have a few returns to maybe finish up or file an extension for.  This year had been an insane year with all the changes that happened and I am glad today is kind of the end of this tax season.  

I have also learned a lot from the forum and can also get a much needed laugh sometimes.

I hope the rest of your year is great too.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You have my permission to lock the doors at 8:55 instead of the 9:00 you had planned 😃

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

Thanks!!   I think I'll do that.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

IRonMaN_0-1621267044177.png

Slava Ukraini!
grossie
Level 5

IRonMaN,

Many thanks for you assistance in tax yr 2020.  For many years you have helped me get through

the tax season.  See you next year.  Put me in for 227 Turtles!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

shoes.jpg

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

@grossie  - When you hang around here long enough, you tend to recognize names and I know I have tried to help you a time or two over the years ------------ hopefully I gave you the right answers when I tried 😁 

I'll put a rush order on those turtles.

@Just-Lisa-Now-  - Hopefully you don't have any snake, chicken or turtle poop on the bottom of those shoes 😮

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Just-Lisa-Now-_0-1621270616983.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

....watching the clock to get the last return transmitted by 11:59 tonight.  

Right Coast, Left coast or Hawaii ?  If Laura was still around, we could send files to her for those last minute stragglers 😉

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

We could, but I don't know if we would get our depreciation schedules back 😜

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN 👍 Iron Man you are the best... And that is not an opinion but a fact....

IRonMaN
Level 15

There are at least a couple of thousand people lacking a sense of humor (that I have pissed off over the years) that wouldn't agree with that --------------------- but thanks. 😅

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN I am sure there are a couple people who did not appreciate me being lighthearted either... But I don't care... Like an old Croatian friend used to say, let them eat their cabbage twice...

IRonMaN
Level 15

That got me thinking --------- maybe Intuit can add a section here where folks can provide cabbage recipes.  It's got to be a little more popular than the old lutefisk recipe section they had on the old forum.

Slava Ukraini!
TiredFarmer
Level 7

I sure do appreciate you all more than you know.   I am just not the best at wording my thoughts.

Thank  you all again so very much!  

abctax55
Level 15

@TiredFarmer 

None of us are when it's deadline time.   I often wish that what comes out (mouth or typing) could be as good as what's in my (tired) brain.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm ok at wording my thoughts ------------------- it's wording all of those voices I hear that are hard.  You get hit by enough anvils and you start hearing a lot of voices ---------------- a lot of voices.

@TiredFarmer  - It's May 17, so you have my permission to sleep in tomorrow.  Hopefully you won't be so tired 😉

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I'm still laughing about the 4X2 joke.

I have learned plenty from the forum over the years, and the quality of the answers are generally spot on, but more and more questions seem to have come out of the twilight  zone this year.

Their could be many awards handed out in the forum to all-star / champs but the one for  patience has to go @Just-Lisa-Now- I just don't know how you do it and keep your cool. I get grumpy with a lot of the ridiculous questions and I'm not one of the smart ones.

I thought I was done yesterday but somehow a relative who previously knew it all needed help, but I plan to have some alcohol at 6pm helped or not.

I'm going away on a workcation and will be checking back soon.

Thanks to all of the too many to mention mentors!!!! 

IRonMaN
Level 15

For the record, I have lots of patience.  I mean really lots and lots of patience.  I just don't choose to use any of it here.😀

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I'm a CPA, not a doctor.  I don't have "patients".

( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@TiredFarmer 👍 thank you tired Farmer for everything that you and other farmers do all across our great country.... I have never met a farmer that has not been a good God-fearing person.... We need more farmers in this country... And that is not my opinion but a fact...

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN 👍 I sure could go for a plate of homemade cabbage rolls with sauerkraut... Just thinking about that is making me hungry...

IRonMaN
Level 15

I never met a sarma I didn't like.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

👍 I could also go for a big plate or bowl of cabbage noodles and bacon. AKA haluski or a variation thereof...

IRonMaN
Level 15

Never tried that, but I may have to.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

I am leaving for Chicago in a few days and cabbage and noodles is on the menu at my sister in law's home.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I thought I read someplace that lutefisk goes good with that.  Oh, never mind.  I just read that story again.  Evidently nothing goes good with lutefisk.

Slava Ukraini!